What is a Dashboard in Business terms?
A Business Intelligence Dashboard visually represents the key organizational performance data in a near real time, user friendly manner that can be understood instantaneously. Technically speaking, a Dashboard is a visual representation that reflects the Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) of interest for managerial review and not only that it enables them to drill-down further.
Business Intelligence Dashboard is similar in function to a car dashboard in that it displays and provides access to the powerful analytical systems and key performance metrics in a form enabling business executives to analyze trends and more effectively manage their areas of responsibility.
Features of Dashboard:
A typical web based Business Intelligence Dashboard encompasses the following features:
- Web based Interface: Managers can gain broad visibility into the real-time key measurements of a business with the help of this multi window, intuitive and interactive interface.
- Role Based View: Executives can clearly track their organization’s overall performance against its goals.
- Reports: Configurable, user-level as well as management-level reports.
- Charting and Graphing: Dashboards are better known for their easy one-click charts and graphs that gives instant access to complex solutions.
- Predefined Performance Metrics: All the Dashboards are built with the common predefined metrics by default which eases the business user in tracking the regular yet important performance metrics.
Benefits of using Business Intelligence Dashboard:
Dashboards quickly convert and communicate the complex corporate data into a meaningful display of charts, graphs, gauges and other formats concurrently. A dynamic, intelligence Dashboard will allow the managers to drill-down data to go deeper into the analysis. It eliminates the need to go through several reports, in one shot Dashboard gives a clear picture about how a company is performing in its critical areas.